Training and support
Information specialists at the National and University Library of Iceland (NULI) offer varied training and support to help students at the University of Iceland (UI) develop information literacy and build academic skills. Training and support for students at UI is usually requested by Schools and/or individual lecturers although open workshops are also provided.
NULI also invites other groups to visit and learn about the library.
Training and support for students at UI
- General orientation for new students (40 minutes)
Orientation with an emphasis on services, facilities, the library web and key databases.
- First-year students (90 minutes, 2 x 45)
Practical training with an emphasis on searching key databases in a particular subject and the Compass, a database of subject guides and practical information.
Orientation and training can take place at library premises or at the UI campus.
- Customized training
For individual programs or courses according to a request by a lecturer. This is a practical training where students learn to search for sources in connection with a particular project. This training can take place at the library or in the classroom.
- A refresher course in connection with final theses (40 minutes)
Searching for sources, library support and services, submitting to Skemma and more practical information.
- Open courses: New programme in September
- Personal assistance in finding sources (30 minutes).
Visiting the National and University Library of Iceland
- A short introduction in the conference hall on 2nd floor: NULI´s history, mission, collections and organization. It´s also possible to request a tour of the library.