An exhibition commemorating the 400th anniversary of the birth of the hymn poet Hallgrímur Pétursson was opened in the National and University Library of Iceland on September 11th. The exhibition is a collaborative project of The National and University Library of Iceland and The Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies. Ingibjörg Steinunn Sverrisdóttir, the National Librarian, and Margrét Eggertsdóttir, professor at The Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies, who wrote the text for the exhibition, addressed the gathering. Sigríður Hjördís Jörundsdóttir and Halldóra Kristinsdóttir introduced the material they had chosen for the exhibition. The prime Minister, Sigmundur Davíð Gunnlaugsson, opened the exhibition and the band Spilmenn Ríkínís performed music with texts by Hallgrímur. Around 120 manuscripts with Hallgrímur´s own handwriting are shown in the exhibition, e.g. many editions of the Passion Hymns, including the only preserved copy written by himself in 1659, JS 337 4to, which was included in the manuscript collection of Jón Sigurðsson bought by the National library in 1877. The story behind this manuscript is quite remarkable, but Hallgrímur presented it in 1661 to Ragnheiður Brynjólfsdóttir, the daughter of the bishop of Skálholt at that time.